Friday, October 1, 2010

Survived Another Week

Welcome to Friday everyone. We made it. Barely. Fridays are always a kickass day for me, even while unemployed. It's the one time a week I get to play hockey, with a great group of guys I've been playing pick-up with for around 7 years now. Beers, hockey, and bsing. Can't get much better than that. Look forward to it every week. Especially nice during the summer when (or if) you're working outside, and it's hot as all hell, then later on you get to go hang at the ice rink. And have beer. Nice! Today will be a good day.

 As for the job front, what is there to say? I am still holding out hope that the interview I had last Thursday will come through for me. She said she'd call back next week (whether I'd gotten the position or not), and this is next week. The END of next week in fact. I don't know if that's a good thing or not, having to wait this long. We'll see I suppose.

It was interesting to browse craigslist jobs this morning. It seems a company posted an ad for Commercial Transport Mechanics, and clearly stated at the end of their ad "NO APPRENTICES NEED APPLY." There was a bit of backlash from people, who posted about how silly it is to deny themselves the opportunity to employ one. Nice to see, since that is the exact position I'm in.

10 comments:

  1. i hear you man being unemployed is one of the worst feelings ever

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was doing joinery and now theres nothing i'm looking for new stuff you're in my prayers brother

    ReplyDelete
  3. study begins next week,survive that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "We made it" haha sounds like you had a rough week. Now it's time to kick back and relax, am I right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. currently unemployed as well. also... chronic illness here. disability.

    :[

    good luck to you.
    and wish me luck. i need it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woops. Wrong key there. I was going to say that I thought I had it bad for being unemployed. I have my health, which I value greatly, I feel for you above sir/madam, that's terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. friday was great for me, got 100% result back on my exam last week (brilliant)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being unemployed every day is a friday to me.

    ReplyDelete